Linear Acoustic® AERO.2000 is a 2RU loudness management platform capable of hosting one or two AEROMAX® processing instances (at least one is required) providing real time adaptive wideband and/or multiband processing including an advanced ITU limiter. Output levels are consistent and compliant without compromising audio quality.
Our Hollywood-approved UPMAX®-II upmixing/downmixing algorithm creates engaging 5.1-channel audio from 2-channel sources and provides a downmix that is nearly indistinguishable from the original source.
Available configurations for each instance include AMX5.1 (one 5.1 channel and two 2-channel processing engines), AMX2.0 (three 2-channel processing engines, one with 5.1-channel downmixing) and AMX5x2 (five 2-channel processing engines). Flexible signal routing is provided for main and secondary audio programs plus EAS and local emergency audio insertion.
The first processing engine of any AMX instance can be optionally configured to include Dolby® Digital/Dolby Digital Plus transcoding. This provides decoding of Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus content to PCM for loudness processing and encoding to Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus for transmission. Nielsen® watermark encoding is also optionally available, including N2, N6, and CBET.
Designed and built in the USA, the AERO.2000 platform itself supports 8 audio pairs via SDI I/O with SDI video delay and 8 pairs via AES. Failover bypass relays maintain signal continuity and dual auto-ranging power supplies enable redundancy and worldwide compatibility.
Front panel controls, color display, and headphone output offer the ability to monitor and adjust the unit locally while the included NfRemote software provides comprehensive control over system settings and processing parameters remotely from any PC including access to the built-in http server for automated control or retrieval of loudness logs.
AERO.2000 In Depth
Comprehensive TCP/IP Remote
Provides control over all system settings, processing and coding parameters plus extensive metering of signal presence, processing and coding activity, and audio loudness. System status reports physical I/O details along with system, power supply and environmental health. The remote application also delivers remote audio, including 5.1 channels, to the user so that signal quality can be auditioned anywhere link bandwidth permits. The built-in HTTP server provides for simple get/set control of all parameters and status.
Generates revenue-critical Nielsen NAES II and the new Nielsen Watermarks audience measurement codes including N2, N6, and CBET. AERO.2000 precisely inserts these signals for maximum code recovery – after audio decoding and processing and before transmission encoding.
One or two instances of AEROMAX® real time adaptive wideband and/or multiband processing including an advanced ITU limiter (at least one instance required)
UPMAX®-II 2-channel to 5.1-channel upmixing/downmixing with automatic detection and automatic downmix replacement
Auto SAP replacement can send main program downmix to SAP channel when no SAP audio is present
- Available Dolby® Digital'Dolby Digital Plus transcoding
- Available Nielsen® watermark encoding including N2, N6, and CBET
- 48kHz via AES DARS (or any AES signal applied to the Ref In connector), AES In 1, SDI, or from the internal 48kHz clock (standalone use only).
Sample Rate/Resolution/Frequency Response
- 48kHz, 24-bit, 20Hz to 20kHz below threshold
- Eight main inputs plus reference via 75-Ohm BNC female connectors. Eight main outputs plus encoder output. Eight additional channels of auxiliary digital I/O on DB-25 female connector. All digital inputs are 75 Ohm internally terminated, unbalanced. Signal levels per SMPTE 276M/ AES-3ID-2001.
- Auto-sensing HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE 292M/259M) inputs, up to 1080i/60/59.94/50Hz. De-embed up to 16 channels from applied SDI signal, process and/or encode, re-embed up to 16 channels. Supports SMPTE 2020 A and B VANC metadata.
- 1/4’’ (6.35mm) front panel connector with volume control.
Parallel GPI/O Parallel Control Port
25-pin female D connector, 0-5V TTL levels for 8 inputs and 8 outputs; controls simple preset recalls plus voiceover/EAS insertion
Serial Metadata Input
9-pin female D connector; 115.2 kbps; pinout per SMPTE 207M (RS-485); Designed to directly interface with Dolby serial metadata (SMPTE RDD6) Ethernet
Gigabit Ethernet via RJ45 supports included TCP/IP remote control application; HTTP server included for get/set control of all parameters.
- Windows®-compatible TCP/IP remote control Included application for full setup and control, ITU-R BS.1770 metering for all programs, encoder statistics, and return audio for remote monitoring (network speed permitting). HTTP server allows get/set control from PC Front Panel Controls and Indicators.
Front Panel Controls
- Rotary encoder and control keys plus color display and headphone output.
- Dual redundant power supplies, each rated at 100-264 VAC, auto-sensing, 50/60 Hz,
175W each maximum
Dimensions and Weight
Shipping Dimensions and Weight
- Fan cooled. Operating: 0 to 50 degrees C, non-operating -20 to 70 degrees C
North America: FCC and CE tested and compliant, power supply is UL approved.
Europe: Complies with the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), as amended by Commission Decisions 2005/618/EC, 2005/717/ EC, 2005/747/EC (RoHS Directive), and WEEE.
Standard 2-year limited parts and labor